Below are answers to popular Food Waste Disposer and Steaming Hot Water tap questions. For further assistance, please click here
Food waste is fed into the Garberator® together with water from the cold tap. The food waste is simply and quickly ground into fine particles, no knives and no blades. The food waste is then flushed through the waste disposer and into your normal waste system. The InSinkErator garbage disposal is designed to cope with most types of food waste, including small bones, meat, fish, peelings, eggshells, nuts and much, much more.
Only a few seconds, although it depends on the quantity and type of waste. The sound of the garbage disposal will change, when there is no longer any food waste in the grind chamber and the impellers spin freely. After all food waste is ground, turn off the Garberator® and let the water run for about 15 seconds to flush the waste out of the grind chamber and out to the water drainage/sewer pipes. Only a small amount of water, time and effort is required.
InSinkErator Garbage Disposals are built to rigorous standards on electrical and appliances. Contrary to what some may think, they do not have knives or blades…an assumed cause of safety concern.
Most forms of food waste can be put through the Garberator® — bones from fish and poultry, meat, large meat bones, fish scraps, vegetables, fruit, egg shells, and much more. Very stringy or fibrous foods such as celery should be avoided. Garbage disposals are designed for food waste only and other materials should not be put into the disposal.
There are 4 easy steps to operate a Garberator®:
- Collect all food waste in the sink during food preparation and when scraping your dishes.
- Turn on the cold water followed by the Garberator®.
- Feed the food waste into the Garberator®. Listen for it to finish its work.
- After grinding is complete, turn off the Garberator® and let the water run for a few seconds to flush the drain lines.
*Never pour grease or fat into the Garberator® or any drain.
- Standard garbage disposals operate with some noise
- Newer, premium models are much quieter. In some cases,all you hear is the sound of water running. Advanced sound deadening features are included, similar to quiet dishwashers.
- Standard disposals offer one grind stage
- Newer premium models offer advanced, multi-stage grinding systems which enable them to grind water variety of foods more efficiently.
Garbage disposals function in two ways - batch-feed and continuous
- Continuous feed models turn on with the flick of a switch or push of a button, and run until you turn the disposer off.
- Batch-feed models operate only when the disposer's cover is in place over the sink opening. Turning the cover turns the disposal on and off.
No. InSinkErator Garbage Disposals are designed to be maintenance-free. Regular usage is the best way to keep your disposer in good condition. A moderate stream of cold water following each use will keep your Garberator® in good condition.
InSinkErator instant hot water dispensers connect to mains cold water. You can carry out the work yourself, or use a plumber if you prefer. See installation guide.
No. Your instant hot water dispenser can be installed into your existing sink.
Depending on local water and to ensure filtration performance, InSinkErator reccommends changing filters every 6-12 months.
All InSinkErator instant hot water dispensers use the space saving 2.5 litre tank which sits neatly under most sinks.
No, no servicing is necessary.