When you're serving as many as 2,500 persons at one meal, this large-capacity model can handle it with its powerful 5 HP motor. Like all InSinkErator® foodservice disposers, it delivers superior performance, quiet operation, maximum energy efficiency and long service life.
Designed for continuous operation in locations such as schools, hospitals, larger restaurants, hotels, cafeterias and nursing homes.
Take your choice of a switch or multi-function control center, with an optional Aqua Saver® system that can cut water usage up to 70%.
The Model SS-500™ offers the following features:
- GRIND CHAMBER - Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel
- MOUNTING - 3/4"" (1.9 cm) rubber mounting above grinding chamber isolates sound and eliminates vibration. Mounting is enclosed in chrome plated covers for sanitation and appearance.
- MOTOR - 5 HP Induction Motor, 1725 RPM's, totally enclosed to provide protection against outside moisture. Controlled power air flow cools motor for efficiency and longer life. Built-in thermal overload protection.
- CUTTING ELEMENTS - Stationary and rotating shredding elements made from cast nickel chrome alloy for long life and corrosion resistance, designed for reverse action grinding.
- MAIN BEARINGS - Double-tapered Timken roller bearings provide a shock absorbing cushion.
- MOTOR SEALS - Triple lip seal protects motor from water damage. Secondary spring-loaded oil seal provides double protection against water and loss of grease.
- All Stainless Steel and Chrome plated. Paint-free for lasting sanitation.
- Made in the USA
- Available with or without power cord
- 1 year warranty from date of installation
Select to download product information:
A FOODSERVICE DISPOSER PACKAGE INCLUDES: 1 Mounting/Bowl Assembly, 1 Electrical Control, 1 Syphon Breaker, 1 Solenoid Valve, and 1 Flow Control Valve. The standard Flow Control Valve will be sent with the unit unless the optional valve is specified.
- #6 Collar Adaptor
- #7 Collar Adaptor
Available Electrical Controls:
- AS101 Control Panel
- CC101 Control Panel
- CC202 Control Panel
- Low Voltage Manual Switch
- Manual Switch
Available Water Controls:
- Solenoid Valve
- Syphon Breaker
- Flow Control Valve